As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
What do you do when you’re sitting at home craving Disney food? If you’re a fellow Disney Foodie, you know exactly what I mean … you’re between trips and get a craving for some of your favorite Disney dishes. Around here, we like to try to recreate them. We have several Disney cookbooks and have also found some reliable recipes online.
One of our favorite, easy-to-make Disney recipes is for The Grey Stuff. Chances are, you already have the ingredients on hand; so it’s easy to whip up on a whim!
Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Teal Loop. Today we are sharing Disney-inspired desserts you can make at home.
Be Our Guest
With the recent release of Disney’s live-action Beauty & the Beast, we were all re-reminded about The Grey Stuff, right? While the dining room scene in the new movie did impress me, there’s really never anything quite like the original, is there? Up until Be Our Guest restaurant opened at Walt Disney World, I don’t think anyone really knew what The Grey Stuff actually was. But, once you’ve tried it, you’re definitely going to want to eat it again and again and again.
The Grey Stuff
Gather your ingredients
All you need is:
- 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 15 Oreos (DO NOT USE Double Stuff)
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped topping
- 3 T. chocolate instant pudding mix
*Please ignore my picture – I accidentally took a picture of the Cook & Serve pudding. YOU DO NOT want to use this kind of pudding!
Mix vanilla pudding and milk
You can crush your Oreos in a food processor, but I usually use the old fashioned method – throw the cookies in a big baggie and crush them with a rolling pin. Trust me, it’s therapeutic.
Mix Oreos into pudding
At this point, it’s not looking too appetizing; but trust me, it gets better!
Stir in whipped topping
Now, your mixture looks like a yummy, cookies and cream type dessert.
Add chocolate pudding
NOTE: You only want to use 3 tablespoons of this pudding mix – not the whole box. This is what gives it the gray color.
You can serve The Grey Stuff on its own in your favorite serving dish. (We like using little custard dishes, but you can also use a favorite Disney mug.)
At Be Our Guest restaurant, they serve The Grey Stuff on its own at dinnertime; but for lunch, it’s served as an icing on a chocolate cupcake. And it’s a delicious combination! I am not a fan of making cupcakes, so we have chosen a different way to serve The Gray Stuff – we top our favorite brownies with it. And, OMG, it’s delicious (just like they say in the song!)
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
(for a printable copy of this recipe, scroll to the bottom of this post)
Here is the map of our Blogorail Teal | Disney Inspired Desserts
- 1st Stop – Heidi’s Head | Be Our Guest! We’re Serving The Grey Stuff!
- 2nd Stop – Love Our Crazy Life | Make Your Own Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bars
- 3rd Stop – Adventures in Familyhood | Disney’s Famous Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 15 Oreos (not double stuffed)
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 3 T. instant chocolate pudding
- Mix together milk and vanilla pudding mix.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Crush Oreos (in food processor, or by hand with a rolling pin).
- Remove pudding from fridge and stir in Oreo crumbs.
- Add entire tub of whipped topping and stir until fully combined.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons chocolate pudding mix (DO NOT USE whole package).
- Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
- If you can't wait an hour to eat it, it's fine - it tastes good before refrigerating too!