As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
My birthday was last Friday (the 20th) – the First Day of Spring! And guess what it did here in PA? It snowed! We ended up sitting at home all day. I’m demanding a do-over!
Gracie got sick on Sunday and has been sick for the past few days. She rarely gets sick; but, when she does, it’s always really sick (never just a little bit sick). But, the saddest part about her being sick – right now – is that she was supposed to leave today for the All-State Orchestra Festival in Hershey. 5th chair and Districts and 12th chair at Regionals earned her this honor; and now, she has to miss it. 😥
Yesterday, Ashley started complaining of the same symptoms; so I’m not sure what we’re brewing around here. But, I am sure that it’s not fun.
But, rather than dwell on the negative, I thought I’d focus on some of the things that have put a smile on my face over the past few days . . .
1. One day last week, Gracie and I were wondering through Wal-mart to kill some time before an appointment and we stumbled upon “The Sound of Music” on DVD. Gracie is very into musicals these days; and both Ashley and I had been complaining that our only copy of this movie was on VHS tape. Ashley had checked Amazon a few months back and they were literally all over $100! I think I paid $12, so I’m pretty excited. Gracie and I watched it the other day; Ashley is watching it right now (since she’s home sick from work). I’m sure we’ll get LOTS of use out of it!
2. Ashley got me a wonderful birthday gift. We have a local friend who does fabulous work – check it out at the Consider Inspired Facebook page. (Ian also got me a yummy-smelling Warm Apple Pie candle.)
3. Last week, I posted this status on FB:
It’s the simple things, isn’t it? I’m still smiling over the fact that we can now use that storm door with ease!
4. I went shopping with my Mom on Sunday afternoon. I was searching for some new sheets for my bed and found the perfect set at Ollie’s! I’m pretty picky about sheets – I want them to feel good and I like the elastic on the fitted sheet to be nice and tight (I prefer the full elastic over the corner elastic, even though they are harder to fold!) We looked all through the mall and didn’t see anything that I liked and that fit my price range. Ollie’s to the rescue (yet again!)
5. My parents wanted to get me a new office chair for my birthday. I knew there was one I liked at IKEA, but had no clue when we could fit a trip into our busy schedule. I saw one at Aldi‘s that looked similar and was a similar price, but it was in a box. I wanted to sit on it and try it out! As it turns out, my parents had seen and wondered about the same chair during their weekly shopping trip. Mom and I checked it out again on Sunday; we made sure we could return it if we got it home, put it together, and didn’t like it. Brian put it together for me and I love it! Not only is it comfy, but it has armrests and the seat is adjustable.
6. Gracie played in the pit band for the local high school’s performance of Cinderella. She was the only violin and you could actually hear her quite well. I looked up at her a few times and could see her swaying with the music. She’s always been a talented player, but seeing her less inhibited and actually becoming one with the music and the instrument just made me smile.
7. Oh, and speaking of smiling . . . Gracie got her braces off last week! And I’m smiling over her beautiful smile!