As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
Last week, I wrote a post entitled 7 Little Things That Make Me Smile. Why? Because if I didn’t find something to smile (and laugh) about, I was going to cry.
I never posted my word for 2015 – though I do have a post saved in draft mode – but the word/phrase that I chose for this year is CONTENT, or BE CONTENT.
I chose this word because contentment is definitely something that I struggle with. I live in an old house (built in the 1920’s) and there is literally always something wrong with it; it’s hard not to look around at other, newer houses and be discontent. I’d love to live in Florida (or anywhere that it’s sunnier and warmer more of the year; yet my husband has a job here in PA (and, the truth is, we need money to live). I love my work-at-home jobs and being home with my kids; yet sometimes I wish for a different/better job that would utilize my talents more.
I have neighbors who are the least content people that I know. They are constantly buying new things and have to have the biggest and best of everything. Yet, you know what? They don’t seem all that happy. In fact, most of the time, they seem pretty grumpy. I don’t want to be that way; and I certainly don’t want to pass that on to my children. So, I’m choosing to BE CONTENT. Hopefully it’ll rub off in 2015 and carry us all through the rest of our lives.
Last Wednesday’s post was a great way to focus on the smile factors, rather than the frowns! So, I thought I would continue it today . . .
1. The sun is shining today! While it isn’t yet warm, just seeing those sunbeams makes me smile. (And, I’m told that tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60’s!)
2. Have you tried this yet? When I first saw it, I was skeptical. I’m not a fan of whipped things – like whipped cream cheese – but it was on sale so I decided to buy some. Can you say “yum”?! It’s better than the Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread! Try it on a Whole Grain cracker and let me know what you think. Thank you, Jif, for inventing this little bit of deliciousness (I always was loyal to you!)
3. My girls are both feeling better and none of the rest of us got sick! (Hoping it stays that way!)
4. But, if we do get sick . . . . we got our new insurance cards in the mail yesterday! So, those doctor visits won’t cost quite as much if we do need to make them now.
5. I was beginning to think Gabe was a lost cause when it came to barking. He barks LIKE CRAZY when it’s feeding time, snack time, time to go out, or time to get out of bed. I tried what we’ve used for barking dogs in the past – Pet Corrector Spray – and Gabe was seriously immune to the stuff. He’d look at me as it to say, “Are you trying to intimidate me, Mom? It’s not working!” My brother recommended a $100 collar; but I’m too cheap for that. Yesterday, a simple Google search yielded me an idea that I wouldn’t have expected to work . . . using the simple command “Quiet” in conjunction with a spray of water. But, guess what? It seems to be working! (And, once I get this barking thing conquered, we’ll move on to walking nicely on a leash.)
6. My Disney pin board was almost full. I tried to get Gracie to give me hers and take a bigger bulletin board that we had on hand and weren’t using. But, she wasn’t interested. 🙁 Ian was though! So, we emptied his old board and filled up the new, bigger one – now Brian just needs to hang it for us. I emptied mine, and filled Ian’s old one, and now it is hanging beside my desk. Oh, the little things! I’ve now got TONS of room to fill up with pins.
7. I got a good blog idea from my friend Naomi over at This Roller Coaster Called Life; but,when I tried to do it on my blog, I messed up some coding and my blog disappeared. Thankfully, my friend Jonathan (who rescued my blog the last time) came to my rescue again! And now I have a new feature on my blog that will save me some time and energy when I post.
What’s making YOU smile this week?