As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
*This is one of my family’s favorite side dishes~ and you’ll all be surprised to find that it does NOT take ground beef! LOL
This recipe is super for this time of year because this dish can be made on the grill, wrapped in tin foil (as the recipe suggests), for virtually no clean-up! However, we like them all year round, so I make them in a casserole dish in the oven.
- 5 med. potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 6 T. butter
- 2 T. fresh parsley, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- Place potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20×20 inches).
- Dot with butter.
- Combine the cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; spring over potatoes.
- Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth.
- Seal the edges of the foil well.
- Grill, covered, over medium coals for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- We like these potatoes all year round, so I make them in a casserole dish in the oven (for some reason, though, the potatoes seem to take forever to get semi-soft, so I microwave the casserole for about 10-12 minutes, then bake at 350 until done).
- Also, I often double this recipe and/or play around with the ingredients in varying amounts.