As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
*This yummy recipe originally came from my friend Amy.
I’m going away with my Mom this evening~ to a Ladies Night Out event at her church. My Mom signed me up to bring a dessert. I’m not a huge dessert fan (unless it’s pie~ which I’m not good at making!) However, I am a huge appetizer fan! This cheeseball is appetizer crossed with dessert~ making it fun to make and even more fun to eat! Since I just made one, I thought I’d share the recipe:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers, regular and chocolate
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars.
- Beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Shape into ball.
- Refrigerate for another hour.
- Just before serving, roll in pecans.
- Serve with graham crackers.
- When I've made this cheeseball, I've skipped the pecan step and it's still a delicious concoction!