As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
Here in the Strawser household, there are a few things that are staples in our freezer – ground beef and chicken. When we run out of one or the other, we go a little crazy. We’re at a total loss when it comes to menu making time. Recently, we ran out of ground beef and it was like the world was coming to an end. Thankfully, we were able to stock up again, so we can add some of our favorites back into the menu rotation again.
Another one of our favorites is pasta. So, when I saw this month’s menu link-up theme for Homeschool Mosaics, I figured I’d use the opportunity to combine two of our favorites to share.
February Theme: Favorite Beef Recipes
I’m sharing our current favorite pasta recipe (it’s surpassed even Lasagna at the moment, which is really saying something!) – it’s a recipe that we’ve adapted over the years, so let’s call it Crazy Cavatini.
Let’s gather our ingredients:
Prepare according to directions and layer:
- 1 bag of Wacky Mac (or a combination of your favorite pasta noodles)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- green pepper, chopped
- onion, chopped
- 2 jars pasta sauce
- 1 packet Spaghetti Sauce mix
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef with peppers and onions.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce mix and both jars of spaghetti sauce to beef.
- Layer in a 9x13 pan: pasta, mozzarella cheese, sauce mix, pepperoni, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 'til nicely browned.
- With the exception of Ian, my family fights over those pepperonis, so I'm pretty generous with them.
- If you like mushrooms, they'd make a nice addition to the sauce (my family doesn't, so we leave them out.)
- If you can't find Wacky Mac, my favorite pasta combination is to use 1/2 a box of tri-colored Rotini and 1/2 a box of Ziti. (I always combine the leftovers from both boxes, so we have it for next time.)