As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
So you want to dine with Royalty, but Cinderella’s Royal Table is either too expensive for your budget or reservations are already full for your requested date. I’ve got the perfect alternative for you!
Welcome to this month’s Magical Blogorail Orange loop. Today we are sharing some of the best breakfast spots at Disney.
When we are planning an upcoming trip to Disney, it’s inevitable that at least one of my children will request breakfast at Akershus one morning. We first dined there back in 2009, and my family has been hooked on it ever since!
4 Reasons to Dine at Akershus for Breakfast
From the moment you walk up to the establishment, you immediately feel like you have been transported to another place and time (which, of course, is the running theme of Epcot’s World Showcase!) . . . step back in history to a castle in Norway! Put on your crown (whether literally or figuratively) and get ready for a feast and fun!
I have to confess that breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day. But, the breakfast they serve at Akershus is right up my alley. They bring these “all you can eat” platters to your table, filled with scrambled eggs, an awesome potato casserole, bacon, and sausage. It’s all delicious; so, rest assured – if your family eats it all, they’ll gladly bring you more (and more and more!)
In addition to the platters, they also have a buffet set up that includes typical Norwegian breakfast fare (meats and cheeses), along with a lovely selection of pastries and THE BEST fresh fruit selection! If every day of my life included breakfast of pineapple and strawberries from the Disney gardens, I’d be one happy girl!
The Character Interaction
Upon entering the restaurant, you are immediately ushered off to a meeting (and photo session) with Belle. Then, while you are dining, there are at least 4 other princesses rotating through the restaurant. They will stop and chat with you and there is plenty of time for pictures. (One of the best things about character meals is that you feel much less rushed with the characters than you do standing in a line to meet them.)
We’ve met Jasmine, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Mulan, and Ariel during our many visits to Akershus. You never know who might show up. I’ve seen pictures of others meeting Mary Poppins there, and we’ve bumped into her just outside after breakfast. The not knowing is part of the fun!
We love Akershus because it doesn’t break the bank!
At the time of this writing , breakfast at Akershus costs $30-$59.99 per adult (price is dependent upon time of travel).
Compared to Cinderella Royal Table, which is over $60 per adult (at all times of the year), Akershus is often 1/2 the price of CRT.
This makes Akershus a great alternative for meeting the princesses!
9 Tips for the Best Experience at Akershus
- Breakfast is always a cheaper option than dinner, so book breakfast if you’re trying to save money. (It should also be noted that breakfast is the best option for picky eaters!)
- Book your breakfast reservation early! (World Showcase doesn’t open until 11am, so booking early allows you the opportunity to stroll some of the countries while they’re still empty (you have access to Mexico and Norway to the left, but you can also get there extra early and take the path to the right, through Canada, the UK, and into France).
- Have your camera, autograph book and pen ready.
- Take your time! Don’t feel rushed. One of my favorite things about any Table Service meal at Walt Disney World is the opportunity to sit down and relax for a bit. Enjoy it!
- Ask questions! Because the Princesses are “face characters” they can talk to you. They are always in total character, so their answers to your questions are quite fun!
- Be sure to point out if you are meeting your child’s favorite character. For example, my son Ian LOVES blondes, so Cinderella is his favorite character. We make sure to remind her of this every time we meet her. She’s always so happy to be reunited with him!
- Make friends with your waiter or waitress! I love chatting with our servers because they are natives of Norway and are at Walt Disney World for a short time. They seem to enjoy answering questions about their country and talking about their experience in the USA.
- Take LOTS of pictures. Some will be good. Some won’t. That’s the great thing about digital cameras. You can trash the bad ones; but you’ll want to preserve those special memories. There is no such thing as too many pictures!
- And, most importantly, have fun!
I hope I’ve given you lots of reasons to choose Akershus for your next breakfast experience at Walt Disney World! If you’ve already eaten there, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Orange | Best Breakfast Spots at Disney Loop:
- 1st Stop – Home is Where the Mouse Is | ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfast
- 2nd Stop – The Disney Point | Tusker House
- 3rd Stop – Heidi’s Head | Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
- 4th Stop – Disney Noun’s | Trail’s End at Fort Wilderness
- 5th Stop – Dad for Disney | Chef Mickey’s