As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
Several weeks ago, I shared about some Art Journals that I had received from Ellie Claire and how amazingly fabulous they are! More recently, I received some beautiful Devotional Journals that I’ve been meaning to share with you (unfortunately, I got sidetracked with my vacation and some family issues and this review got put on hold for a bit).
Do you do New Years Resolutions?
I don’t. Honestly, I find them too hard to keep and then, when I’ve failed at achieving them, I’m left feeling like more of a failure than I did before I started! So, I haven’t done resolutions in years! Instead, though, I do try to select a Word of the Year. This is something that I started years ago with a group of online friends. I wish I had kept better track of all the words that I’ve focused on over the years.
For 2019, my word is SURRENDER.
There are so many things in my life that I need to surrender to God. I’m one of those people who tends to try to fix things, solve problems, etc. and sometimes I just can’t. I need to learn to surrender these things to the God who CAN. I need to give up control!
Along with surrendering, I want to start having a more active and scheduled devotional time with God. I’ve printed out a daily reading schedule that I hope to follow, but I also like to have a devotional book of some sort to keep me on track as well. And that’s where the Ellie Claire Devotional Journals come into play …
Just look at those beautiful covers! Much like the Art Journals, I was totally sucked in by the covers alone!
I turn them over and look at the descriptions on the back, and it’s very difficult for me to decide which one I want to start with for 2019. Which would you choose, based on these descriptions?
Peace Begins with Me
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
The Earth is the Lord’s and Everything in It
For me, it’s a toss-up between the first two; but I think I’m going to go with the Peace Begins with Me devotional. I’ve got some personal storms going on in my life and could really use some peace as I learn to surrender these situations to God.
I’m sure that I will enjoy going through this devotional throughout 2019. These books are just so beautiful! I love all the features:
• Lay-flat binding (I don’t know what they call this type of binding, but I love it – it’s like a hardback, but it does open better with the ability to lay flat. The cover is somewhat flexible, similar to a leather-bound Bible.)
• Archive quality, non-bleed paper (I’m a paper snob, so I’m a stickler for
• Daily devotional with lightly ruled space for responses, lists, or journaling (The ruled lines are super important to this lefty who can’t write straight without them! Honestly, I’d probably be turned off on these books if there was just blank space for writing, but the lines make them so inviting!)
• Full-color interior design (There’s a border down the side of each page that coordinates with the cover.)
• Presentation page for personalization (I will be able to put my name and the year that I have used the journal on this page, so it will be nice to look back on my thoughts in years to come.)
• Foil, ribbon (Love these ribbons for keeping my place.)
• Closure band (These closure bands are also a nice perk, especially if I need to travel with my journal throughout the year.)
I apologize for getting this review up so late in the year, but because these journals are available at Amazon.com (see links below pictures above), you should be able to get them very soon and easily get caught up!
I’d love to gift my other two but, honestly, they are so gorgeous that I’m thinking I will keep them for myself 2020 and 2021! So, go buy your own RIGHT NOW! We can hold one another accountable this year – with our word of the year and our devotional journey!