As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
For the past 30+ years of my life, I’ve been stepping on those random little LEGO bricks! (Can you say, “ouch”?!) First it was my brothers – I remember them each having their own special case to store their LEGO bricks in, one was red and one was blue. Nowadays, it’s my son Ian. He’s pretty much obsessed with all-things LEGO, from the building bricks to the movies to the video games – he loves it all.
As much as it hurts to step on those little buggers, I really can’t complain. LEGO has created something that has not only stood the test of time, but has had great educational value for many, many children over the years. And my son is no exception. I love that I can purchase something for him to play with that contains no batteries and makes no noise, but it encourages him to learn and think outside the box.
Last year, we had opportunity to attend a LEGO event that was held in the Philadelphia area. We took some friends and Ian had an absolute blast (though, I must admit, I complained a bit about the crowds!) However, living in central PA, it’s quite a hike out to Philly; and Ian hates long car rides!
LEGO KidsFest is coming to Harrisburg in April!
The LEGO KidsFest national tour stops at Harrisburg from April 8-10, 2016 for the very first time, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in this three acre activity- and entertainment-packed family event.
The event will be held at the PA Farm Show Complex & Expo Center on Cameron Street.
LEGO KidsFest is for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
* LEGO Model Museum: life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
* LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
* Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
* LEGO Star Wars: build and display a Star Wars model
* LEGO Disney Princess: create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
* LEGO Super Heroes: pose with a life-sized Spiderman model and more
* LEGO DUPLO: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
* LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
* LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
* LEGO Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
* LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
* LEGO Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
* Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
* Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
* Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color foster group creativity
Vince Rubino, Events Manager for LEGO Systems, Inc., has this to say about the event:
Our 2016 LEGO KidsFest tour is going to delight both new and returning audiences. We’ve still got some favorites on the show floor, like the Big Brick Pile, Creation Nation and the Race Ramps. There are also many new and unique activities designed for building, learning and fun.
Five sessions – all identical and 4 1/2 half hours in length – are held at each tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets can be purchased at www.LEGOkidsfest.com. Tickets are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session.
On tour since 2009, previous LEGO KidsFest tour stops have included major cities such as Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Jose, Cleveland, Richmond, Phoenix, Portland and more.
Win tickets to LEGO KidsFest in Harrisburg!
I encourage you to LIKE and Follow LEGOKidsFest on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram for all the latest ticketing updates as this event has been selling out in prior cities. Must be 18 to enter, 1 entry per day allowed, random drawing by USFG!
Winner will be randomly chosen by USFG on Friday, Mar 3 and announced on my Blog and notified via email.
***This post made possible by US Family Guide.***