As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
My favorite food this week: Dinner at ‘Ohana
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
$35 – $59.99 (depending on time of year)
1 TS credit on the Disney Dining Plan
Heidi Says . . .
Oh. My. Gosh.
This has long been Brian’s favorite dining experience at Walt Disney World. So, for our last evening in the area after our cruise on the Disney Dream, I booked us a late evening dinner here. I have to admit that I was a bit reluctant. We’ve always had excellent experiences here, but I’ve been reading lots of complaints online.
After our evening, I think people just like to complain. It was every bit as lovely as our previous visits. And the food was drool-worthy. We ooh’ed and ahh’d over it. We were so stuffed that we almost needed rolled out of there.
Here’s what you can look forward to at dinner at ‘Ohana:
- ‘Ohana Pineapple Coconut Bread (anything with the words “pineapple”and “coconut” in it has to be good! and it is)
- Mixed Greens Salad with Lilikoi Dressing (it’s a good thing they bring the food out pretty quickly or I totally could have filled up on this salad)
- Pork Dumplings tossed in Ginger-Ginger Sauce (I love these dumplings! They are so yummy. Last time, the chef boiled some for me as he said I need to be very careful with their fry grease. This time the chef told me there were no worries – and I was glad. I like the fried ones better!)
- Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings (honestly, I wouldn’t need the skewer meats! I’d be happy with just these wings!)
- Sweet-n-Sour Chicken (yum!)
- Szechuan Sirloin Steak (yum! as long as there’s not too much pink in them!)
- Spicy Grilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp (we don’t get the shrimp at our table, due to my allergy)
- Noodles, tossed in Teriyaki Sauce with Fresh Vegetables (I’m pretty sure I could LIVE on these noodles! Seriously! If they were the only thing on the menu here, I’d still come!)
- Stir-fried Vegetables (not sure why they bring these out with all the other good stuff – I’ve got no time for veggies!)
- ‘Ohana Bread Pudding a la mode with Banana-Caramel Sauce (you’ll be too full for dessert, but you won’t be able to resist this! Hence the need to be rolled out of the restaurant!)
So, yea, I guess you could say we enjoy dinner at ‘Ohana!
I’l always torn when making Advanced Dining Reservations – do you stick to your favorites or try something new? I try to do a bit of both. We’ll definitely continue to return to ‘Ohana though!
Sean – from Disney Day by Day – hosts a Favorite Food Friday link-up each week.
If you like Disney food – or any food, for that matter – you are welcome to participate!