As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
1. Ever had any run-ins with the “library police?”
Well, you see, here’s the thing — I hate the library! Our local library never seems to have what we’re looking for/needing. But, the thing that really bugs me about the library is that they expect you to RETURN the books. I mean, geesh, the nerve of those people! Books are for keeping!
In answer to the question, though — I think I have had an overdue book (or two or three) once or twice. But, mostly I just avoid the library at all costs.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
Yes. All of our gift bags and tissue paper are stored in a Rubbermaid container. I try to keep them organized by occasion, but they don’t always stay that way!
The Christmas gift wrap is all together in an old car seat box (it’s tall and it works!)
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
No. And I’ll consider myself fortunate for this one. 🙂
4. What’s your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Can’t Smile Without You. Yes, I know Barry Manilow. I remember my mom having several of his 45’s when I was little. I knew all the words too. I grew up on music!
This question reminds me of Tim Hawkins! Rather than trying to type it all out, I’ll just share —
5. What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
Well, I took dance for 5 years, so I had some pretty cute dance costumes (most of which are still packed away in my keepsake box!)
If we’re talking about Halloween, I remember having one of those Kooky Spook costumes one year – that thing was weird!
Now, if this question was the “best costume you ever made” that might be better for me. I made Ashley the cutest little pumpkin costume when she was probably 4. Precious! I also did a Hershey’s Kiss costume for her one year.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
7. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
I’m not much of a breakfast eater. So, the answer to this question probably changes quite often, depending on my mood. I love a good bowl of granola. I also like bagels – my favorite is the breakfast bagel at Wal-mart (it’s really yummy with low-fat veggie cream cheese on top). I like English muffins with peanut butter too.
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
Not that I can remember. Guess if I did, it must not have made a very good impression “in real life”. 🙂
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes. As a child, when we’d lock ourselves out of the house, my parents would always put me through the bathroom window.
Once, I got locked in the bathroom at my grandparents’ house and my uncle had to climb up on a ladder to get me out, through the window.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really. I believe in “attraction at first sight”. Duh! I guess that’s a given. But, you can’t love someone based on appearances alone. That initial attraction may reveal a very ugly personality inside.
11. How man pairs of jeans do you own?
Probably 8. But there are only 3 pairs that I wear regularly.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on “Ace of Cakes.”)
I’m not familiar with Ace of Cakes, so I had to do a search (gotta love Google!) Anyway, wow! I’m thinking anything Disney-related will work for me pretty well. Cinderella’s Castle, for example. That works!
To play along with Random Dozen or to read other answers, just click on the button at the top of this post!
*Be sure to check out my SodaStream Giveaway here.