As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
I guess you could say that I’m procrastinating right now . . . I have 3 lasagnas to make today and I want to attempt to recreate another Italian dish. I should be working on them while my kids are still in bed!
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
It just depends — I almost always read for awhile before even attempting to go to sleep. Some nights I fall right to sleep, other nights I lay there thinking forever! Some nights I sleep straight through; others – probably directly dependant upon what and how much I’ve had to drink in the evening – I wake up having to go to the bathroom!
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
Well, I love the 1800’s – think Southern plantations. I can’t believe I’m saying this because I NEVER wear dresses – but they are just so beautiful. However, I’m thinking that after about 2 hours in that world, I’d be ready to come back to now. I just wanna wear my own (comfy) thing!
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
It’s probably a toss-up between Lasagna and Stromboli. They are my most requested dishes with MY family. Brian’s family always picks my mac & cheese. (The lasagnas I’m making today are to feed 2 crowds – 1 that my mom is hosting this Friday evening, and another when we go to Florida in a couple of weeks.)
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
No. I’m always looking for a bargain, so I’m a more focused shopper, I think.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
That someone’s life will be touched in a positive way (even if just one life is changed, it’s all worth it!)
I also agree with the other participants who have said “closed casket”. Here’s one area where I have to disagree with my friend Sue (in love, of course) — she felt that viewings and open caskets were a necessary thing for closure. I can see her point; yet would prefer people to remember me alive.
7. If it’s true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
Sunshine. Getting my eyebrows waxed (in addition to Monday’s haircut, I’ll really be a new woman). Doing school with the girls – winding down our year. Seeing my great-grandmother’s irises blooming in my backyard (I’ll share pictures later). And all the blossoms that are on my blackberry bush!
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Any type of homemade or artisan bread. I’m a bread snob – none of that storebought bread in a plastic bag with a twister for me – no way!
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Well, I think I’ll refrain from putting it in print, because you just never know! 🙂
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
This sounds silly, but probably my bathroom! I love the color scheme in there and the old enamelware bowls that I have hanging on the walls.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
I don’t. ‘Nuff said. I’m just not a good organizer of my time. What is that trait called? Maybe I should have put that down for #10.