As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
1. How do you feel about “Gladiator” sandals, also called “Roman” or “Jesus” sandals? A fashion yea or nay? Truthfully, I don’t like them. I think they’re kinda ugly and they look uncomfortable. I used to wear shoes for style – no more! I dress for comfort now!
2. What is your favorite pizza? Ashley and I have a favorite, tried-and-true pizza crust recipe that we’ve perfected. We like it best with Ragu pizza sauce and pepperoni and ham as toppings. It’s a family favorite at our house!
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard’s chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could? I’d love the Walton’s house. My daughter, Ashley, would love the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard!
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for. I live in central PA, in the heart of Amish country. We’re famous for Pennsylvania Dutch food here – things like pork & sauer kraut and pot pie (which is not like the meat pie you eat in other parts of the US, but actually more like what a lot of people call dumplings). Also, snitz & kneff and 1/2 moon pies (which are like an individual apple pie, but the filling is apple butter – yum!)
5. What is your current favorite snack? I really like to snack on nuts and trail mix type things.
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose “none.”)
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
Definitely B – Biggest Loser. I’ve got weight to lose anyway and, from what I hear, you wouldn’t have much choice but to lose on that show! I’m not a dancer and I wouldn’t survive 5 minutes on Survivor!
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle’s interior? Thanks to my husband, probably about a 7.
8. It doesn’t feel like Spring until I start to see green outside and the weather gets warmer.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is hanging out with my assistant Brenda and her family after the Midwest Convention. It struck me, all of a sudden, that her husband bears a striking resemblance to one of my old heartthrobs of the 70’s – Shawn Cassidy. We spent quite a bit of time laughing over that!
10. Tell me about a goal you’re working toward. Getting my children all successfully through school. Oh, and selling out of TOS totes at the next convention! 🙂
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
“Isn’t it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive–it’s such an interesting world. It wouldn’t be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There’d be no scope for imagination then, would there?”
— L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you’re not a parent, feel free to substitute “friend” or nomenclature that works for you. I’m always trying to plan fun things for us to do – I think they enjoy that. I also like to find things for them to get involved in and school curriculum that fit their interests and various needs.