As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Orange. Enjoy the ride as we share our favorite sites, smells, tastes, sounds, etc at Disney.
Have you ever really thought about using your senses at Disney? Or maybe what your favorites are, when it comes to the five senses? Today we challenge you to think about your senses as you think about your Disney experiences. We’ll share our favorites with you, and hope that you – in turn – will share your favorites with us!
This sense is probably the most obvious! There are certain things that I see at Walt Disney World that make it obvious to me that I have arrived at my happy place. Here are a few of my favorites:
Some of my absolute favorite sounds to hear at Walt Disney World are these:
- train whistle
- dog howling at the Haunted Mansion
- the theme song at Carousel of Progress
- the various music playing in the countries around World Showcase
- the theme song at Soarin’
- the screams of those experiencing Tower of Terror
- the suspenseful theme music at both Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and Lights, Motors, Action
- the songs of Aerosmith in Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- the music at Festival of the Lion King
- the tribal music/drumming in Africa
- the sounds of birds
Often, when we think of smell, we think of food items. And, of course, I have a few food items at Disney that definitely catch the attention of my “super sniffer”:
- the coffee kiosk at the Transportation and Ticket Center
- the wafting pastry smell from the Main Street Bakery
- the funnel cakes at the American Adventure Pavilion
- the smell of Flame Tree Barbeque (I have to eat there – soon!)
But there are a few other smells that definitely make me think “Disney”:
- the orange groves scene in Soarin’
- the smells of the Polynesian lobby
- the smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth
- the wonderful soap and lotion scents at Basin
I think this collage of Disney foods speaks for itself.
There is nothing like snuggling with a favorite Disney character! But, there are other things that we love to touch at Walt Disney World too – the feel of a favorite ride, being surrounded by Disney plush, loving on family, among other things . . .
If I’ve done my job properly, I’ve got you thinking about some of your favorite sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and feelings at your favorite Disney park! I’d love it if you’d share some of them with me in the comments below! Do we share any of the same favorites?
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Disney on Wheels.