As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
Truthfully, I’d rather not be blogging today. But, I made a commitment to blog every day this month. And, considering as how I’ve fallen behind on some other commitments (aka B90), I’m going to try not to drop the ball on this one too. So, here are the thoughts rolling around in my head this Sunday afternoon —
- Headaches stink. I’ve had one all day. I just want to curl up somewhere and sleep – and maybe even cry a little.
- A local family lost their 17 year old son earlier today. I’m shocked and I’m sad. My heart is breaking for this family – my Ashley is 17. I can’t imagine losing her. Please pray for this family.
- My brother David’s birthday is today. There was a mix-up with his birth certificate when he was adopted – one paper said his birthday was February 13th, another said the 15th. My parents left him choose – what kid do you know who wouldn’t pick the date that comes first?! LOL We’re going to my parents to celebrate with pizza and (I believe) ice cream cake. Good thing I like those things – and my brother – or this headache might keep me at home.
- Lizzie (Pug #2) scratched me today. I know it was an accident, but I’m holding a grudge. She made a nice inch-long gash on my wrist. It hurts. I’m feeling kinda like a baby today, but I don’t like pain.
- We watched 3 or 4 episodes of Monk this afternoon. I know that’s not important, but it’s what we did.
- Our van has been running really rough and loud. Turns out we’ve got transmission problems – again! We just paid $600 to get the van fixed last summer, after returning home in a vibrating van from Florida. Ugh! I’m not anxious for a big bill. There’s something to be said for manual transmissions. Our last van let me sit 2 hours from home – transmission went out on it very unexpected. Brian’s new car is the result of the transmission going out on our last car. I think we’re a jinx to a transmission. Prayers would be appreciated as we really don’t have the extra money for this right now.
- Hug your kids today. Hold them tight. You just never know.