As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
I’m not sure what my sick fascination with memes is lately, but I’ve been having a blast participating in them. Not only do I find them fun and a great source of blog content, but they are also a great way to get to know friends and fellow bloggers.
Here’s a new meme I just discovered today – and it’s the very first day for this one. So, if you want to be a charter Tuesday Top Five participant, stop by Shasta’s blog and check it out. All you need to do is share a list of 5 things relating to the weekly topic.
Today’s Top 5 Theme: FEARS
1. Car accidents. I’m a horrible “back seat driver” and feel unsafe when anyone (but me) is driving a car. I’m always worried that I’m going to die in a car accident. (If that really is the case, I hope it’s quick!)
2. Lice. I think this is a fear that my friend Sue instilled in me, but the thought of lice just really freaks me out. I’m glad we homeschool as that’s one way to help protect my children from getting lice (it runs rampant in the public schools!)
3. Snakes. Oh. My. Gosh. Need I say more? I did try to conquer my fears a bit last year, when we went on a field trip to a reptile place. Believe it or not, I actually touched a few snakes. And, we learned that, statistically, snake bite deaths are so much less than many other things (such as bee stings, even); but that doesn’t really help – I’m still scared.
4. Mice & rats. I know they’re small (well, except for some rats) but they just freak me out. Ugh!
5. And the age old mother fear – something happening to my children. Or, on the flip side, something happening to me which would leave them motherless.
So there you have it. I’m pretty much a big fat chicken! 🙂 How about you? What are you afraid of?