As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
My son Ian has a fascination for cameras and taking pictures. But, it always makes me nervous to hand over my point and shoot to him. I’m always afraid he’s going to drop it, or something equally tragic and fatal! When I do get brave and hand it over, though, I’m always impressed with his photography skills – and his unique child’s perspective is always interesting!
Recently, we were given the opportunity to check out the Kidizoom Camera Connect from VTech®. I wasn’t about to pass this one up, as it would mean that Ian would have a camera of his own – eliminating the need for me to hand mine over, and granting him the chance to take pictures whenever he wants to! What could be better? It was a win-win!
About the VTech® Kidizoom Camera Connect
- Let your child become the official family photographer!
- The Kidizoom Camera Connect from VTech equips your child to take and edit digital photos, make movies and play games! Offering 4x digital zoom for 4x the fun, your child will become an instant photographer and movie director with the press of a button.
- Your child can take digital pictures with special built-in photo effects and even record video movies with sound! Watch your child’s creativity come alive!
- Take and edit photos with wacky effects, shoot video movies with sound and even play three cool games right on the camera! Kids can even string a series of pictures together to create fun stop-motion animation videos. Specially designed with your child in mind, this kids’ camera has an easy-to-use viewfinder and a design that’s safe and durable for kids.
- With storage of approximately 800 photos, an expandable memory and the ability to connect to a computer, your child can easily keep all of their creations so they can be treasured by the family forever. Save and send pics on a PC and share with friends!
- This fun camera for kids also connects to VTech’s Learning Lodge.
- Ages 3-8, MSRP: $39.99
Heidi Says . . .
From the moment this camera arrived on our doorstep, Ian was hooked. In fact, as soon as I got it out of the package, he took off with it and was entertained by it for HOURS. We heard him snapping photos and recording video. In fact, he told his sister Gracie that he intended to start his own “vlog”. (I have no clue where he even heard that term!)
As a parent, I was impressed with the quality and durability of the camera. Ian is 7, so he’s on the upper end of the suggested age range; but I love that this camera would be simple enough for a 3 year old to use! And, because of its construction, you aren’t scared to hand it over.
I’ve seen plenty of kiddy cameras before, but never one that allowed for video and voice recording, and also had some built-in games. Ian has spent many hours over the past few days totally absorbed by this versatile camera.
While I’m not entirely thrilled with the quality of the pictures, Ian thinks it’s pretty darn impressive. Here are just a few of the fun pictures he’s been taking:
The camera comes with the usb cord to connect it to the computer and it’s very easy to download the pictures. My only “issue” with the camera is the fact that it takes four AA batteries. And they are NOT easy to install! But, I will say that I’ve been impressed with the battery life, so far. Ian has gotten many hours of use out of the set that I first put in. Hopefully they will last a long time and not need replaced often. The automatic shut-off feature will definitely help!
Honestly, the fun factor alone makes this camera worthy of my recommendation. If you’re looking for a fun, creative gift to give to a child in your life, I’d recommend checking out the VTech® Kidizoom Camera Connect.
- VTech website – http://bit.ly/tHKlfD
- VTech Twitter – http://bit.ly/Q7J7vM
- VTech Facebook – http://on.fb.me/iIPfUE