As a blogger, I may be compensated in some way (either pay, product, or experience) for sharing the post below All opinions are my own. ~Heidi
The other day I promised some upcoming reviews of Disney-related products, and here is the first one —
Doug Ingersoll, author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Walt Disney World and member of the Walt Disney World Mom’s Panel (no, he’s not a mom!), has created this awesome app for your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. (Watch for my review of his book, coming soon!)
As a person who tends to be a crazy planning freak (you know this about my blog if you’ve followed for any length of time), I LOVE this app! Doug has covered it all, and it’s all available right at your fingertips, which thrills me. No more having to carry a binder or notebook along with me to the parks – all I need is this handy-dandy app on my little iPod touch, and I’m good to go. That is, if I can keep it away from my kids, who have also taken a liking to it!
Here is the description of the Walt Disney World Complete Travel Guide app on iTunes:
The Walt Disney World Complete Travel Guide includes:
Attraction reviews ~ Available for every attraction and entertainment venue at all four of the Walt Disney World theme parks and two nightlife districts, including:
- Age-based ratings for tots, kids, teens, adults, and seniors
- Detailed ride descriptions with insider suggestions
- Notations on what rides have the FASTPASS system, height restrictions, extended periods of darkness, and air conditioning
- Park and land locations
- Must Do! ratings for top destination attractions
- Favorites button to mark favorite attractions for future reference
- Map feature takes you directly to the park map location for quick navigation
Dining reviews ~ Covering all table and counter service restaurants, as well as select snack stands and lounges, including:
- Cuisine types
- Complete sample menus
- Cost estimates
- Participation in the Disney Dining Plan
- Character meal availability
- Park or resort location
Resort reviews ~ Learn about every Walt Disney World resort and select non-Disney owned resorts, with details for most covering;
- Resort class and location
- Resort Description and Rating
- Transportation and dining review
- Special resort features review
Park Maps ~ All four theme park maps, as well as a Walt Disney World property map, with features like:
- Park maps marked with locations of attractions, restaurants, restrooms, Baby Care Centers, tip boards, first aid, lockers, and guest relations locations.
- Walt Disney World property map marked with major roads, theme parks, resorts, water parks, and nightlife districts.
- Ability to go to attraction or dining reviews from map points
- Ability to go to map from attraction, dining, or resort review pages
Planning Section ~ Quick reviews of important Walt Disney World planning topics, such as:
- Explanations on unique Disney vacation features like FASTPASS, Extra Magic Hours, and Magical Express
- Review of sport and recreation options, like fishing, golf, water sports, and miniature golf
- Review of major annual events like the Food & Wine Festival and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- Overall planning information, like annual crowd and weather trends and important phone numbers
- Favorites lists, covering selections for best dining, attractions and resorts based on different interests
Heidi Says . . . This little app does it all and is well worth the $4.99 price tag. Technology is amazing to me! Wow! Can you tell I’m just a tiny bit excited by this?!
I used to read books, peruse websites, make notes, create lists (with checkboxes), and place my lists in a binder to carry with me. With this new app, I won’t have to do all that. Sure, I’ll still want to read and research(because it’s my nature), but this app will help eliminate my need for lists and binders.
I’m pleased and impressed that, in addition to covering all this information about the 4 WDW parks and the resorts, the app also contains information about Downtown Disney, the 2 water parks, and more! With this app, there’s absolutely no excuse to go to Disney without a plan.
I cannot think of anything that Doug hasn’t included in this app! (Well, except for the fact that in a few weeks I’ll be turning 41, and I’m not sure which category I fit into at that point, since it goes from Adults 20-40 to Seniors 50+. LOL) And, he’s told me that there are some upgrades in the works. When a book is updated, you have to buy a new one; with this app, the updates are automatic so you’ll always have the most up-to-date and appropriate information available to you.
Yes, I’m recommending this app. Not only is it cheaper than any Disney planning book I’ve seen, but it’s also just plain fun! Now, if I can just pry my iPod away from Gracie (who is checking out all the attractions and telling Ian what he can and cannot go on) for awhile, I’m going to go play with it some more!
NOTE: Doug provided me with a code to download this app for free so that I might use it and share my thoughts on it. However, I was not obligated to share a positive review. It’s just this good!